Rear-side thermometer could be something like this:
More smart functions could be a good value for user. What about a flat thermometer on the back side of dial segment?
Next depiction of HSG. Fined by polos and compass.
Very very gross model of closed and opened HSG body, version 0.1.1. Two circular wooden segments as the very fundamental parts of HSG. Model has been created in Google SketchUp 8.0.
The fundamental parts are:
- wooden or plastic body (rectangle in version 0.1.1, circle in version 0.1.2)
- polon (a stick generating the shadow, removable in later versions)
- compass (necessary to find out a South direction exactly)
- metalic or wooden joint (to let the HSG closed in “sleep-mode”, later versions contain a shelter for dismounted polon)
- metalic chain (to attach the HSG to clothing or to another stuff)
- a bubble (to keep the HSG vertically to meridian, or the plumb line in earlier versions)
Dear visitors, let me intorduce you to the webpages of the project OpenHSG. This website was created to share information for participants, makers, users or admirers of mobile solar dial. the project is absolutely free (regarding the GNU/GPL license agreement) and voluntary.